Cloud BlogEngine Installation Types

Sep 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM
Edited Sep 9, 2009 at 9:21 AM

First of all, may I applaud the creation of this project, I'm presuming from the scant info so far that it's a Cloud version of the standard ASP.Net BlogEngine project here on Codeplex. My query is this ~ which is more a statement of need, than anything else, is as follows: Is this installation going to be a primary package in which it needs its own Windows Azure Hosting account ~ or will it sit in a non-root folder of an existing Azure project and inherit from the pre-existing web.config? My own need is that I want an open source blogging engine that can be dropped (plug and play) into a non-root directory (that is, a subdirectory), and inherit from the parent site's web.config. In this way, it should be able to pick up from the parent site's existing membership and roles, as well as storing all blog data either in windows azure tables, or in azure blobs. This will be useful for scenarios where a blog engine needs to be hosted in an existing cloud site, but the readme implies that it needs it own unique cloud account, so I stopped there! Kind regards, Anthony Btw, only 7 weeks til the CTP finishes and we can go commercial!